1. Changed SQL Service account password in AD. Waited for about half an hourso that password change gets replicated to all the domain controllers.
2. Updated the password on the active node of the SQL Cluster using SQLConfiguration manager for all the services.
3. Restarted the services using SCM. Everything looked fine till now.
4. On the passive node, using Services MMC, manually updated password forthe SQL services.
5. Fail over the cluster from node 1 to node 2, everything worked fine withno errors.